Almond cookies are one of the popular cookies that are eaten during Chinese New Year. When I first came across this recipe that bakes it using the air fryer, I immediately try it out.
The first time I bake it, my mom says that it has a bitter aftertaste. To be honest, I feel so myself but I defended the recipe saying that some cookies also tasted this way. But I decided to make some slight changes to the recipe and try baking it again. It was the 3rd trial that got everyone happy with it.
Once I adjusted the recipe till everyone is happy with, I started to bake and give out to friends and relatives to gather feedback. So far so good, they like it.
Although Chinese New Year is almost over (today is the last day of CNY), I would still like to share this recipe. You don’t have to wait till a specific festival to eat it. With the air fryer, you can always bake it anytime you wanted to eat it.
Almond Cookies Using Air Fryer
- Flour 180g
- Almond Powder 120g
- Vegetable Oil 120ml
- Caster Sugar 80g
- Baking Powder 3/4 teaspoon
- Baking Soda 3/4 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together. (This is an important step as it removes any lumps esp for the baking soda)
- Add in the almond powder
- Mix well
- Add in the oil
- Mix well to form a dough
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 min at 140℃
- (I shape my almond cookies using the measuring spoon for “1 teaspoon”) Scoop out the dough using the measuring spoon, press down on it. If there’s space, just add on more dough. Then shape the dough into a ball. Stick an almond flake into it. (This way the almond flakes will not drop so easily) Repeat till all dough is used up.
- Cut the baking paper into thin strips of about 1.5cm. Line the air fryer as shown in the picture above. Bake the Almond cookies at 140℃ for 16 min.
- Remove from the air fryer and let it cool down completely before storing it in air tight container.
This is an easy recipe that produces delicious almond cookies. Try it and let me know how you find it.
P.S. The original recipe that I adjusted from can be found here.
You might also be interested in my recipe for Vegan Chocolate Butter Cookies using Air Fryer.